3 Tips for Recruiting New Members to N.A.R.V.R.E.
At N.A.R.V.R.E., National Association of Retired and Veterans Railway Employees, we do meaningful work. We are sure that every member is proud and happy to spread the word about the benefits of being a member of N.A.R.V.R.E. Yet, sometimes, knowing how to spread the word can be difficult. You may think you have tried everything. You have been to the stations and put-up flyers on the bulletin boards. You might spread highlights of N.A.R.V.R.E.’s work on your own Facebook page. You go to the meetings and talk with newcomers. We are thankful for you and thankful that you see the good we do and want to pass it on to others.
Let’s reiterate a few of the benefits you receive as a member of N.A.R.V.R.E.
- We will go to bat for you in Washington D.C., even providing legal counsel to ensure that you always receive your hard-earned benefits.
- We keep lobbyists in Washington D.C. to ensure that railroad retirement benefits are not tampered with and remain the same. We fight so that the things that could happen to social security benefits do not happen to us one day.
- We keep you informed of any legislation that is working to overturn our structured benefits and provide the addresses of the senators whom you should write in the event an upheaval or even a slight change to our benefits is underway.
Many of the younger generations are not yet worried about their retirement. Yet, the time will come when they will be grateful that N.A.R.V.R.E. fought for their benefits for so many years, nearly as long as railroad retirement benefits were established.
Unfortunately, if we do not have enough members, are efforts could have been in vain, so it is essential that we make those involved in the railroad now, as well as unaware veterans, aware of N.A.R.V.R.E.’s presence and how we can help them throughout their careers with the railroad and during their retirement. Let us share with you 3 Tips for recruiting new members to join N.A.R.V.R.E.
- Make some meetings social events. Uncork a bottle of wine and serve hors-d’oeuvres. Encourage each member to bring a guest affiliated with the railroad. This way, potential new members are relaxed and open to hearing about the benefits of N.A.R.V.R.E.
- Advertise at sporting events. It could be your grandson’s little league game, or you could be out watching your favorite team. Bring a few flyers or even small cards that would be more convenient, loaded with information about N.A.R.V.R.E., especially the next meeting date. If you are in a town where quite a few people work the railroad, you are bound to come across people that would be interested in the benefits of N.A.R.V.R.E.
- Where a T-Shirt and get out to festivals or parks and be ready to speak to others about N.A.R.V.R.E. Remember folks, this isn’t a pyramid or Ponzi scheme, and we aren’t trying to get rich off of other people. We are simply trying to maintain the benefits each railroad employee deserves, and it’s cheap. It’s actually less than $20 a year.
Remind people that they can always check us out on Facebook if they are leery for some reason. Finally, we want to thank all of our members for being vigilant and trusting that we are here for you. We hope to see you at the upcoming convention in May.
3 tips for new members, Follow NARVRE on Facebook, NARVRE, NARVRE community, NARVRE Facebook page, NARVRE Membership, NARVRE Membership renewal, NARVRE memberships, NARVRE National convention updates, National Association of Retires and Veteran Railroad Employees, national railroad veterans retirement, railroad retirement plan