NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
National Association of Retired and Veteran Railway Employees, Inc., (NARVRE)
ANTHONY (TONY) PADILLA
303 BLACK CAP RUN
BUDA, TX 78610
Re-elected NARVRE National Vice President at the St. Louis, MO 40th Biennial Convention of May 16-17, 2016.
Elected NARVRE National Vice President at the 39th Biennial Convention of May 18-20 2014 in Sacramento, CA.
- Elected Area 5 Director of NARVRE May 2012 representing TX, AR, LA, NM and OK. NARVRE Convention Bloomingdale MN 5-20 to 5-23.
- Board Member of the Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA) and Secretary for the Texas ARA.
- TCU-IAM Retiree Coordinator upon retirement working as a national and community activist on issues affecting seniors and with many groups dealing with protecting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and an Affordable Health Care for all.
- National Legislative and Political Director for 20 years for the Transportation Communications Union/International Association of Machinists and Aero Space Workers (IAM) in Washington, D.C. from 1989 to 2009 working on Rail and Airline issues including Railroad Retirement and Amtrak and was recognized as key lobbyist on the 30/60 early Retirement Legislation of 1998-2001 working in coalition with all rail unions and NARVRE which included the NARIT Railroad Retirement Investment fund. Retired at the end of 2009 with 43 years of RR Service.
- Amtrak Passenger Agent San Antonio and Austin, Texas 1972-1979.
- Southern Pacific Railroad 1966 to 1972 General Clerk Freight and Passenger Agent.
- Graduate Southwest Texas State University-1983 B.A. Degree in Management and Minor in Political Science. Graduate from San Antonio, Community College in 1973 with an Applied Science Degree in Business Management.
NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT
By now the Primary Elections are over and as we approach the Congressional and Presidential Elections on Tuesday November 8, we encourage all members to go Vote. While we are a non-partisan organization we want to make sure that we wisely choose people that will stand up for the protection of our Railroad Retirement Pension Annuity.
Joe Atkinson Chaplin, Robert Escobedo L.Rep., Tony Padilla N.V.P., J.R. Abrego V.P., David Gonzalez President, Aida Gonzalez Secretary-Treasurer, and G. G. Gonzalez Area 5 Director—Presentation of the official Federal Charter to the new NARVRE Harlingen, Texas Unit # 064.
Newsletter This delivery is to remind all Area Directors and Assistant Area Directors that between August and December, we should be concentrating on establishing new Units where possible in areas where large group of retirees reside. So far, this year, we have not had an Area Director establish a new Unit with the exception of Area 5 Director, G. G. Gonzales who organized a new Unit in Harlingen, Texas. Former Area 8 Director Bob Bloomer continues to be the best example for seeking to form new a Unit later in September.