Area 5 Director
Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
National Association of Retired and Veteran Railway Employees, Inc., (NARVRE)
ANTHONY (TONY) PADILLA
303 BLACK CAP RUN
BUDA, TX 78610
Re-elected NARVRE National Vice President at the St. Louis, MO 40th Biennial Convention of May 16-17, 2016.
Elected NARVRE National Vice President at the 39th Biennial Convention of May 18-20 2014 in Sacramento, CA.
- Elected Area 5 Director of NARVRE May 2012 representing TX, AR, LA, NM and OK. NARVRE Convention Bloomingdale MN 5-20 to 5-23.
- Board Member of the Alliance for Retired Americans (ARA) and Secretary for the Texas ARA.
- TCU-IAM Retiree Coordinator upon retirement working as a national and community activist on issues affecting seniors and with many groups dealing with protecting Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and an Affordable Health Care for all.
- National Legislative and Political Director for 20 years for the Transportation Communications Union/International Association of Machinists and Aero Space Workers (IAM) in Washington, D.C. from 1989 to 2009 working on Rail and Airline issues including Railroad Retirement and Amtrak and was recognized as key lobbyist on the 30/60 early Retirement Legislation of 1998-2001 working in coalition with all rail unions and NARVRE which included the NARIT Railroad Retirement Investment fund. Retired at the end of 2009 with 43 years of RR Service.
- Amtrak Passenger Agent San Antonio and Austin, Texas 1972-1979.
- Southern Pacific Railroad 1966 to 1972 General Clerk Freight and Passenger Agent.
- Graduate Southwest Texas State University-1983 B.A. Degree in Management and Minor in Political Science. Graduate from San Antonio, Community College in 1973 with an Applied Science Degree in Business Management.